Jelena Sopic is a production designer from Serbia. She holds B.A. and M.A. degrees in TV and Film Set Design at the Faculty of Applied Arts, University of Arts, Belgrade where she teaches as an Assistant Professor, and continues her Ph.D. in Applied Arts and Design program at the same faculty.
She is known for her talent to work with different genres from comedy, and fantasy to social-realist films. Her latest work Heavens Above by Srdjan Dragojevic has been part of the Main Competition of Locarno Film Festival 2021.
In 2015, she has received a FIPRESCI award in FEST, Belgrade for her work in two films, We Will Be the World Champions by Darko Bajic and No One’s Child by Vuk Rsumovic which was the winner of Venice Critics’ Week in 2014. Sopic has led the production design of the new film by Vuk Rsumovic which is in post-production.
Jelena Sopic is a member of the European Film Academy since 2017 and a member of the Association of Artists of Applied Arts and Design of Serbia since 2003.
– Тома, director Dragan Bjelogrlic, production Cobra film, Minakord, 2021.
– Heaves above (Nebesa), director Srdjan Dragojevic, production Delirium films, Sector Film Skopje, Ma.ja.de Fiction, Studio dim, Forum Ljubljana, Kino, 2020.
– Common story (Realna priča), director Gordan Kičić, production Film Kombajn, This and that productions, 2019.
– Asymmetry (Asimetrija), director Maša Nešković, production This and that productions, 2019.
– Nebeska Tema, director Mladen Maticevic, production Starhill, 2019.
– Open 24 hours, director Padraig Reynolds, Seahorse Filmhouse, Zee Studios International, 2018.
– We will be the world champions (Bicemo prvaci sveta), director Darko Bajic, production Intermedia Network, Art &Popcorn, 2015.
– Sword of Vengeance, director Jim Weedon, production Vertigo films 2015.
– Sky Above Us (Nebo iznad nas), director Marinus Groothof, production CTM LEV Pictures, 2015.
– No one’s child (Ničije dete), director Vuk Rsumovic, production Art &Popcorn, Baboon production, 2014.